AALA (Asian Association for Language Assessment)
A working group of language assessment specialists in Asia decided to form an association to promote language assessment activities in the region, in June 2014 during the Language Testing Research Colloquium in Amsterdam. A brief meeting confirmed interest which had been shown through e-mails and informal meetings. A discussion via e-mail followed and the formal name was selected [AALA] and an Executive Board for 2014-15 was formed.
To promote language assessment in Asia
- To offer students and faculty in colleges and universities opportunities to understand and present current research and practice
- To offer professional staff in assessment agencies opportunities to understand and present current research and practice
- To conduct an annual conference and other events in the region to promote interaction and communication among students, faculty, and professionals
- To promote professional publications that advance theory and practice
- To advocate for the ethical use of assessments and assessment use
Please visit AALA official website for further information on AALA and its plans for activities in the coming years.